Saturday, June 3, 2017

Julep March 2014 Review

Julep March 2014 Review


You guys, I have big news. I didnt upgrade my Julep box this month. I am sure you are all very proud.

The products in this months box were kind of underwhelming (I dont need an overly expensive lip balm, guys) and, although the nail polishes were pretty, bright colors, I wasnt exactly drooling on my keyboard over them. I opted instead to pick up the Boho Glam box.


For March, Julep released new shades of their lip glosses. They sent out the last batch in November, and I was pleasantly surprised by their quality. I actually probably would have upgraded my box if they had had an option that contained all the new glosses... but they didnt, and I didnt want to individually add on every color. Happily, though, they did have some extra customization options: the boxes that contained lip glosses allowed you to choose which gloss you received.

I did get an extra this month: a cotton-candy-flavored candy stick. I had kind of assumed that Julep had just stopped adding the little bonus items, since I havent been receiving them, but its possible that theyre just not including them in the upgraded boxes, which would be an awfully strange choice.

Boho Glam contained Elisa, a cool, pastel lilac with faintest hint of shimmer, and Harriet, a medium coral cream. Both colors are opaque in about two coats.


I was really happy with the two colors. I also really like them together-- Im a big fan of mixing cool and warm-toned colors and these go together really nicely.


I chose to get the lipgloss in the shade "Enchanted". It was exactly what I was expecting, since Ive tried Julep lip glosses before. Its wearable, medium-ly sheer, and just a tiny bit sticky.


Enchanted is a watermelon-y coral color.


Heres how it looks on my lips:



Overall, Im relatively happy. Im rarely really disappointed in Julep because, at this point, I usually have a pretty damn good idea about what Im going to be getting. I like it, and Ill definitely wear this stuff. I wish this box had a new product to get excited about or colors that would blow me away. It didnt. But, hey, at least its solid.

If you suddenly decided that you need to join Julep, youre welcome to use my referral link by clicking here. Dont forget to use the code FREEBOX to get, well, a free box. (Your first box is free save for shipping.)

Available link for download